More than 70% population in the world uses google for their daily quick searches on various topics. Though it is already convenient to get results from google but at times it becomes a bit frustrating. Here are few tips that will help you with your search next time, some of them are just for fun!
1. You are searching for something but getting some undesired closely related results, well you can exclude certain words by adding a minus sign (-) and then the word you want to exclude like we have excluded Manchester Utd news from the search here.
2. Google can do math for you, forget your calculators! Just search simple equations.
3, Looking for GIF images, its pretty simple click “Search Tools” and then under “Type” switch to animated
4. Looking for incomming links to a particular site, type “link: <website url>”
5. Looking for dates of important holidays, just search for the name of the Holiday and leave the rest to google.
6. Let Google convert currencies and units for you.
7. Want a specific file type add “filetype:<type of file>” at the end of the search.
8. Looking for an exact phrase “Put It In Quotes”
9. Add “..” between two currencies, units or numbers(can be years) to search within that range
10. Type “define” before a word or “meaning” after it to get the defination of that word.
11. Forget finding your mobiles to set timers; look at the below image to know why!
12. To make it easy to calculate tips you can search “tip calculator” and rest is pretty simple.
13. Finding songs by a particular artist, search for “songs by <artist name>” to get the complete list of songs! Similarly you can search for books by an author or movies by directors producers or starcast.
14. And you can look for flight information by searching the flight number.
15. You can check the time of sunrise and sunset in any desired location.
16. Interested in how some words originated, add the word “etymology” at the end of your search.
17. Google also helps you compare nutritional values of two food items.
18. Ever wondered how to find the best of all the old Google Doodles, hit the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button without typing anything and get the catalogue of all the doodles from when the all started.
Bonus: Also please search the following on Google and enjoy:
Do a barrel roll
Type “Google Gravity” and hit “I’m feeling lucky”
Type “Google Sphere” and hit “I’m feeling lucky”
Do let us know if you enjoyed the tips, and feel free to share any special trick that we would have missed. Do not forget to share it with your friends.