15 Stunning Tree Tunnels That You Must Visit!
1. Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont
One of the thickest forests of America were named as Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont. It is located in one of the towns in Cambridge, near Jeffersonville, Vermont. It was founded in 1956.
2. Tunnel Of Love : A beautiful location in Kleven, Ukraine.
It is a 3 kilometer long railway area heading towards a fiberboard factory. The train crosses this area thrice in a day. The lush green beauty of the place attracts both photographers and couples. It is also believed that if you visit the tunnel with your beloved to make a wish, your wish will be granted for sure.
3. Yew Tree Tunnel at Aberglasney in Carmarthenshire
Yew Tree Tunnel at Aberglasney in Carmarthenshire is a glimpse to ancient times. Existence of these trees is said to be from the middle ages since the tress are too old. They are Britain’s oldest living gardens and have sometimes been considered haunted. Though, not many stories have been heard but you can go and explore the beauty during the day light, to be on the safe side.
4. Oak Alley Plantation located on the Mississippi River in Louisiana, United States.
This plantation of oaks exists from the eighteenth century and later the house was built.
5. Mendocino County, located in Northern Coast of California in U.S.
The northern coast of California, US is full of Monterrey pines all across covering the road from top turning it into a tree tunnel.
6. Wisteria Tree Tunnel : Located at Ashikaga Flower Park in Tochigi, Japan.
7. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest located in Kyoto
Arashiyama Bamboo forest is spread in 500 meter stretch along the Sagano Bamboo Forest between the Tenryu-ji temple and Nonomiya-jinja shrine in Kyoto. It is considered as one of the most amazing and serene nature spots of the city.
8. Magical tree tunnel of Sena De Luna located in Spain’s Castile and León region.
According to the reports of published in the year 2004, the beautiful location is home to more than 450 people.
9. Dark Hedges spread in the Northern Ireland
Dark Hedges spread across in Northern Ireland is considered as one of the most beautiful roads ever. Trees, here were planted in the 18th century. Since then, they are among-st the magnificent locations of the city.
10. Jacarandas Walk, the flowering plants in South Africa
Jacarandas Walk stand amongst the most popular tourist locations of the planet and is considered to be the largest man-made tree tunnels in the world. This tunnel comprises of imported trees that came from South America. They exist from more than 100 years. With more than 70,000 beautiful trees, the tunnels look magnificent. October is the right month to view this location.
11. Spectacular Ginkgo Tree Tunnel located in Tokyo.
12. Tree Tunnel of Gormanston College in County Meath.
Tree Tunnel of Gormanston College is very closely located towards the northern border of County Dublin, near the mouth of Delvin river.
13. Tree Tunnel of Point Reyes National Seashore In Northern California.
14. Japan’s Sakura Tunnel
15. Ashdown Forest located in West Sussex.
Being rich in archaeological heritage, Ashdown forest traces the the evidences of human occupation that existed 50,000 years ago.